•  
  • Fonts

Sign up and post an introduction to earn $50 in MLBB Cash to use in the Sports Book

Join us in the Sports Book and bet on World Cup Soccer

Photo

MLB Boards Exclusive Interview: Matt Marksberry, P, Atlanta Braves

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rizz-O

Rizz-O

Major Leaguer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • 767 MLBB Cash
  • Favorite MLB Team:
    Chicago Cubs

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Interview conducted by Evan Massey, Twitter (@massey_evan).

Atlanta Braves pitching prospect Matt Marksberry has agreed to take the time to do this interview with us this afternoon! Hope you enjoy!

Q. Thanks for taking the time to join us today Matt, how are you doing?

A. I'm doing great just got in the clubhouse. Had stretching and conditioning before our game!

Q. How do you feel knowing that you are officially a professional baseball player?

A. It feels great! I'm so happy to get the chance to play pro ball and show what I can do.

Q. How excited are you to begin your career with the Atlanta Braves organization?

A. It feels great. They are an elite organization. I'm grateful that they saw potential in me to be an Atlanta Brave someday.

Marksberry_Matt_Braves.jpg?max_width=450

Q. How long have you been playing baseball? When did you realize that you had this much potential?

A. I've been playing since I was little. I think everyone has the aspiration to play pro ball, but I didn't realize until my Senior year of High School that I could possibly get drafted.

Q. How would you explain your game to someone who hasn't heard too much about you?

A. Hmm, I'm a hard worker, I have to earn my talent as I wasn't blessed like some were. I play hard and leave it all on the field, good or bad.

Q. Where do you see yourself in five years? What are your goals for that period of time?

A. I see myself either AA, AAA, or in the show. My goals are to keep progressing until I'm a top caliber pitcher.

Q. What would you say is your best pitch?

A. My fastball. I can get it up to 94 and locate pretty well.

Q. What aspects of your game do you believe still need the most work?

A. My ability to repeat my delivery to throw a lot more strikes and I need to work on my change-up.

Q. What do you enjoy doing in your free time away from baseball?

A. I love to work out and run to clear my head. I also love hanging with my friends and family.

Q. What advice would you give a young pitcher with MLB dreams?

A. Work hard. Hard work and determination will push you to reach your goals. Also, never give up if you're not getting the results you want...keep trying and you'll get there.

If you'd like to give Matt a follow on Twitter, his account is: @MattMarksberry

Please give the MLB Boards Twitter account a follow as well: @MLBBoards

Thanks for reading this interview and comments are much appreciated!

#2 Future

Future

Rookie Leaguer

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • 78 MLBB Cash

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wow, these interviews are really cool. Would love to see more of these. Definitely a cool thing that no other forum I have been apart of has. Love these!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users